Re: [ldm-users] NEXRAD2 Latency/Fragmented Data?

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, Gerry Creager wrote:

Gilbert,

I have received the same advice from Steve and Tom. With that level of
insistence, I'm considering the information golden. AND, it does work
better, through objective notice. What happened to change things is that
the new state files associated with the pqact statements have to be unique
or you'll snag a lot of repeat data when you restart (although I could be
garbling this; caffeine deficient). By creating softlinks to the same file,
as Daryl illustrated, the statefile is created for each instance, and the
appropriate instance of pqact is forked as a new scan comes in.

gerry

Ahhh, so that is the justification behind it. OK, I'll give 'er a whirl
later this afternoon and let you know how it goes.

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/niu.weather                           *