Re: [ldm-users] Build Problems for LDM 6.11.2 on Ubuntu Server 12.04

Hi Jason,

re:
Not to hi-jack a thread but is there a suggested Linux distro to use for
LDM or is it just admins choice?

Like so many of those that responded to your ldm-users post, the UPC
favors Linux distributions that have a RedHat lineage.  One of the
biggest reasons for this (other than familiarity) is that the LDM uses
the 'syslogd' or 'rsyslogd' version of the system logging daemon.  Other
distros (e.g., OpenSUSE) may use syslog-ng, and syslog-ng does not
play nicely with the LDM.  That being said, I have personal experience
in installing and using the LDM on a variety of Linux distros (Debian,
Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Mandriva in addition to RHEL, Fedora and CentOS),
and I can say that it runs well in all of these environments.

* Tom Yoksas                                      UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                           P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                            Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/ *

  • Search the ldm-users archives: