Re: [ldm-users] Product queue always empty.

This sounds like, when you installed CentOS, you did not disable SELinux.
As root, and in the file /etc/selinux/config, change the variable
SELINUX=enforcing
to either 'permissive' or 'disabled'

This will result, the next time you reboot, with your system not being
restricted by SELinux.

TO make a non-persistent change, use the 'setenforce' command  ("setenforce
permissive")

NOTE that both of these have to be done as root.

Then, as user ldm, restart your LDM service. Things should be happier.

gerry

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM, donna Cote <d-cote@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you have configured the conf files, then started LDM, you might have a
> problem.
>
> I recommend to simply restart LDM with "ldmadmin restart".
>
> Also, look at the queue file with "ls -lh ~/var/queues/".
>
> If you still have problems, you will need to confirm that there are allows
> for your site that match the requests you have in your ldmd.conf file.
>
> Donna
>

> On 5/21/13 2:20 PM, João Carneiro wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>> I am getting to know how to work with LDM, and have followed the
>> instructions below for installing the system in my CentOS 6 machine.
>>
>> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/**software/ldm/ldm-current/**
>> basics/index.html#installation<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/index.html#installation>
>>
>> I have configured my conf files via following the workshop-specific
>> instructions below.
>>
>> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/**software/ldm/ldm-current/**
>> workshop/specifics.html#allow<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/workshop/specifics.html#allow>
>>
>> Unfortunately, when testing out my installation using$ ldmadmin watch, I
>>
>> get the following message:
>>
>> (Type ^D when finished)
>>
>> And nothing else! I know I am supposed to receive messages whenever any
>> products arrive in my product queue, so this would indicate my product
>> queue is in fact always empty.
>>
>> I would appreciate any help I can get!
>> Thanks,
>> João H. Carneiro