Re: [ldm-users] Weatherx.admin.niu.edu update

On Thu, 23 May 2013, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

A fan blew on weather2.admin.niu.edu, and, unfortunately, before the computer could shut itself off, it fried the hard drive. Both have been replaced, and I am installing CentOS 6.4 on there right now. After that, I will try to restore from backup. I hope to have it running by 5 PM tomorrow. In the interim, weather and weatehr3.admin.niu.edu are happily serving data; please make sure that you have those in your backups. Since you should already have them in your backups, this is an information notice only.

Gilbert

As of 9:15 CT Friday (2:15 GMT Saturday), weather2.admin.niu.edu is back on the air. However, my latest backup was a dud, and I had to restore from an older backup. If you are being denied and you had access to a feed on there, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

As for the blown fan and hard drive...the motor was shot on the fan, and the hard drive, which gave me issues on and off for 4 years...two words:
Hulk SMASH! ;-)

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***