[ldm-users] LDM Metar Feeds

Good morning,

I was wondering if anybody had information as to how the METAR reports are
distributed within the LDM. I have found the information about the WMO header
required to request file this data as text files. However, it seems as if some
stations are responsible to transmit reports from other stations as well
because I cannot request METAR reports from specific stations. When requesting
all reports from the United States and filing the files in folder based on the
ICAO ID only 60 folders get created and those 60 stations' reports contain
reports for many stations.

Does anyone know if there is hierarchy for reporting METAR reports?

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

P       Please consider the environment before printing this email.

 [cid:tamiu-banner.jpg@8df31e72d1c7444aabd4ee0c38450232]

________________________________
[cid:poweredbytamiu.png@6c4d5e53ddaa4bfc8c0fd350fc10d287]

Arturo  Diaz, Jr.
Programmer I (CEES)
Biology and Chemistry
LBVSC 346
Laredo, TX 78041
Tel. (956) 326-2415
Fax (956) 326-3125

As pursuant to Texas A&M International University rule 33.04.99.L2 concerning
the Use and Disposition of Electronic Communications, this email is a mechanism
for official communication of the University. Electronic mail (e-mail) should
be used only for legitimate academic or state business. Official email
communications are intended only to meet the academic and administrative needs
of the campus community.

PNG image

JPEG image

  • Search the ldm-users archives: