Re: [ldm-users] To all my downstream and upstream sites...

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013, I wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'll be switching servers in the near future, from real
machines...to virtual ones. Yes, weather, weather2 and weather3.admin.niu.edu will be mothballed and I will
be operating from VM's. The good news is that while I'll
miss my physical machines, these will be in a new high-speed
data center here at NIU, hooked up to 2 separate A/C units and generators,
so even if one fails, the other kicks in and takes over in the event of a power failure.

Anyway, if you could be so kind as to allow these machines into your ldmd.conf, depending on whether your are an upstream or downstream site, I appreciate it:

vm-weather.admin.niu.edu : 131.156.43.220
vm-weather3.admin.niu.edu : 131.156.43.221

At this point, I am not planning on a vm-weather2 because I can go nuts on increasing memory, CPU's etc on the other two.

Do NOT feed from those sites yet, but hopefully soon I'll get them up and running after I verify all is well.

Hello everyone,

I posted this several months ago, and a decision to do this has just been reversed. Please keep using weather2, weather3, and weather.admin.niu.edu to feed off me, and delete the ones marked vm-* above if you added those to your ldmd.conf list. Going virtual was not deemed to be the correct solution for what I am doing here.

We will be replacing weather and weather3 in the near future with more robust servers.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your time.

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **