From: ldm-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ldm-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Murakami
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:10 PM
To: ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ldm-users] SSEC Global IR Composite (new product)

Hi Evan,

I also can't view the image on IDV(still using 4.1...upgrading to 5.0 is on the
list of "tasks to do"), but it's viewable on Gempak's nmap2(using 6.10). The
only thing I've noticed since we started ingesting the files(IR and WV) is that
nmap doesn't plot a geographic background nor can I zoom in on any particular
spot on the picture.  Perhaps the navigation information within the file is
different from Mcidas area files and gini image files.

I've attached the gif image(with IR color enhancement) from nmap2.

James

James Murakami

Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs

Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences

University of California, Los Angeles

405 Hilgard Ave.

Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565

   e-mail: tenki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:tenki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>