[ldm-users] 20140702: idd.ssec.wisc.edu RAID failure and rebuild

Users of idd.ssec.wisc.edu services:

The RAID on the motherlode clone idd.ssec.wisc.edu (aka
adde.ssec.wisc.edu, unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu) failed its scrub operation
last night, tried to recover, and ultimately one RAID drive failed.
Rebuilding of the RAID is now underway.  In order to speed the recovery
process (which is estimated to take 54 hours if LDM pqact processing is
allowed to continue), all processing that causes high disk I/O is being
turned off.

The following services will be affected for the duration of the RAID
rebuild:

- population of and access to the Unidata-Wisconsin neartime archive

- ADDE serving of real-time satellite, radar, grid and point data

- TDS serving of all datasets

NB: IDD data relay should not be affected, but sites feeding from
idd.ssec.wisc.edu are advised review their backup feed setup and
add/activate redundant feed REQUEST(s) to other top level IDD relays.

After the RAID rebuild is complete, we will begin back filling the
Unidata-Wisconsin neartime archives and evaluate back filling the
real-time stores that are served by ADDE and the TDS.

We apologize for the inconvenience that will likely be caused by this
unplanned service!

Please send any questions/comments to:

Unidata Datastream Support <support-datastream@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cheers,

Unidata User Support
--
Unidata User Support                              UCAR Unidata Program <

  • Search the ldm-users archives: