Re: [ldm-users] ldmd.conf pathing

 In the ldmd.conf file does the following entry:

exec "pqact -f NNEXRAD /opt/ldm/etc/GEMPAK/pqact.gempak_nexrad"

refer to the path as it is written in the file? Or, is it assumed that the path starts at the LDM home directory, OR from where the pqact is run? etc....

ldmd.conf will reference relative to the ldm installation, unless you specify an absolute path.

for example, in my installation, which is /home/ldm:

this line:

EXEC "pqact etc/pqact.gempak"

will read from /home/ldm/etc/pqact.gempak because I do not have a "/" in front of the specification such as /etc/pqact.gempak.. so the above is a 'relative' reference, where my user ldm will use "/home/ldm" as a home 'root' base reference

you can also specify an absolute path with a "/" in front such as:

EXEC "pqact /home/ldm/etc/pqact.gempak"

the above two samples will work just fine, and refer to the same file. :)

I use several separate pqact files at the same time (so it's easier to find what I'm looking for when small adjustments are needed), and keep them all in /home/ldm/etc

cheers,

--patrick

Patrick L. Francis
Vice President of Research & Development
Media Logic Group

http://www.medialogicgroup.com
http://www.hamweather.com
http://www.alertsbroadcaster.com