[ldm-users] LDM tries to take Saturday off...

I'm not even sure where to start with this one, but I'll throw this out there
to see if anyone has had similar experiences. Our LDM runs perfectly the entire
week except for on Saturday mornings -- it's always on Saturday and usually
right around 800Z that we start having problems - they often run through the
entire afternoon 1800Z give or take, after which everything is okay again.

Checking the logs on Saturday we notice that the LDM continues to run but we
get all kinds of decoder warnings and processing warnings.

WARN: Processed oldest product in queue: 23704.5 s.
WARN: pbuf_flush(): write(15,,4096) to decoder took 10 s:
/home/ldm/decoders/dcgrib2 -d ldm/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_GFS.log -e
GEMTBL=/store1/gempak/GEMPAK6.7.0/gempak/tables

We never see either of these errors the rest of the week.

It's very strange - there's nothing else on the system that is running at that
particular time that would slow down the machine and it's been happening for
several months now.  Both of these warnings would seem to indicate a lack of
resources, but I don't understand why this would occur on Saturdays and not
throughout the rest of the week.

I'll start digging, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone has dealt with
something similar.

- Phil Birnie
Caretaker of Twister at The Ohio State University

  • Search the ldm-users archives: