Re: [ldm-users] NOAAport satellite image issue?

On Mon, 8 Jun 2015, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jun 2015, Rodger R. Getz wrote:

Gilbert-

We?ve been seeing this too. We?re running 6.12.7. I haven?t tracked the problem down but have not noticed any issues with the usual IR and VIS stuff we operationally use.

Rodger

I've just been informed that Novra has just released a firmware update to resolve this issue. See the very bottom of this page:

http://novra.com/support/

They haven't updated the firmware version text to the left of the "Download S300N V2R15" box, but I'll let them know about it.

Gilbert

The wording has been fixed on the Novra support website. Furthermore, the
V2R15 firmware upgrade is now on an ingester I help manage. It works! No
errors, no more packet losses from the satellite imagery. One thing you
need to be aware of, though: when we upgraded, we forgot to stop the LDM.
After the upgrade, he LDM received only partial packets for a while, and
then nothing. We had to restart the LDM to get it to work again. We got
some very interesting messages in our ldmd.log file in that mess, and we
have shared them with UNIDATA. Bottom line: when you do the firmware
upgrade, shut down the LDM first.

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***