Re: [ldm-users] LDM 6.12.14 crashing on only one machine, need help

--
But that was fixed in subsequent versions, wasn't it?
--

Sure.. but your version is older... on the issue of having only one box
fail.. someone else asked me:

" Still. Why this one of three machines all running the same version of Red
Hat glibc..."

The answer is we live in a world where there is no such thing as 3 identical
machines. take 3 servers off a production line, install the same os in the
same manner in the same way "something" will be different. anything from
voltage variances (cpu mem) to drivers to bios to different feeds on each
box. that "something" will often trigger "something" to occur, such as a
buffer overflow. remove all those things which logically solve a problem, no
matter how logical, only the illogical remain to explain the variant.

Back to the day job.. already been a long week... good luck G :)

Cheers,

--patrick

Patrick L. Francis
Vice President of Research & Development
Aeris Weather

http://aerisweather.com/
http://modelweather.com/

http://facebook.com/wxprofessor/