[ldm-users] Upcoming planned data outages on weatherx.admin.niu.edu, on March 12 and March 16

  • To: "ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ldm-users] Upcoming planned data outages on weatherx.admin.niu.edu, on March 12 and March 16
  • From: Gilbert Sebenste <gilbert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 21:54:25 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Hello everyone,

On Saturday, March 12, starting at 10Z (5 AM CT), our NIU IT team will be
replacing the
firewall system here on campus. They have matched the rules one per one across
the old
and new systems, and all seems to be working fine. If all is well, we will be
down less than an hour on the 12th,
but may have brief outages during the day. If everything goes to heck in a
handbasket,
they will back out of the move by 12Z (7 AM).

Then, on Wednesday, March 16th starting at 5Z (12:01 AM central time),
our DNS and server room will be moved to a new network core. While
our Internet and I2 and other connections will be up and running, we will
lose DNS for a little while. Thus, there may be outages as this occurs.
This should be brief and last under 15 minutes.

You may assume all went well if I do not respond to this email. Thanks!

Gilbert
  • Search the ldm-users archives: