[ldm-users] FW: diagnosing problem when ldmping works one-way (not both ways)

I thought that was for logging properly - which is working fine. I'm wondering
about the iptables. I will run the setuid in a little while (stepping away from
the computer to mow the lawn...might not be able to mow tomorrow).

Root-actions is a common problem, but it could also be a firewall issue for
sure :)

Note Emmerson’s notes here:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/monitoring.html

SVC_UNAVAIL

An LDM is not running on the upstream host
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/glindex.html#upstream
 host>  on the expected port (both port 388 and the upstream host's portmapper
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/glindex.html#portmapper>
  will have been tried).

On iptables I use APF on my individual boxes with a custom config, then the
network guys of course handle the router…. On a local LAN should be easy for
you to tackle…. Ping if you need some help!.. Have fun mowing the lawn :)

..

  • Search the ldm-users archives: