From: ldm-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ldm-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gensini, Vittorio
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:51 PM
To: daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>; ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ldm-users] incomplete ldm productID for some NGRID products

Hi Daryl!

We have long been annoyed when instances like this occur. Heck, RUC2 is still
the 'convention' and MRF/AVN titled grids can still be found in deep, dark
crevices! I *think* it's just an LDM issue. In fact, the RAP/HRRR upgrade
caused some fields to only be recognized by the HDS and not NGRID feed, an
issue that I again believe was on the LDM side.

Sigh...

Sorry to report, but the only one I recognize out of your suspect list is
grib2/161/161/#255

Those are MRMS products (http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/projects/mrms/) that we have
been receiving for quite some time over the SBN NOAAport NGRID feed.

Best,
Vittorio (Victor) A. Gensini, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Meteorology
College of DuPage