Re: [ldm-users] CFSv2 0.5 degree

Hi Carissa,

Happy new year!

I wanted to ping you again re: the 0.5 degree CFSv2 data.  Also, something I
just realized this morning...

Re: ECMWF grib1 data coming over the WMO/HDS feed...

I see multiple (3?) grids coming over HDS, but none of them have data for
forecast hour 240 (which should be the extent of the ECMWF public data). They
all truncate at forecast hour 168. It appears that a lot of the data found here
*is* on the feed, but there is also a bunch missing, especially in re: to the
ensemble fields.

ftp://data-portal.ecmwf.int/

Basically, same results using:

WMO     ^H..... ECMF ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        FILE    /home/data/models/ecmwf/(\1:yy)(\2:mm)\1\2_ecmwf.grb

and...

HDS    grib/ecmwf/ECMWF_14./..../(..)(..)(....)(....)/F(...)
       FILE    /home/data/models/ecmwf/\2\3\4F\5.ecmwf

The latter just matches more grids as I have a wildcard in after the "_14". ​

Let me know if it is possible to get those fields over NOAAport, else I will
just script a download for forecast hour 240.

Best,

__
Dr. Vittorio (Victor) A. Gensini
Associate Professor
Meteorology
College of DuPage
President, Chicago Chapter of the American Meteorological Society
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Office: Berg Instructional Center (BIC) 3503
ph: +1 (630) 942-3496
http://weather.cod.edu/~vgensini