Re: [ldm-users] Scalability of pqact patterns

Is there an upper limit to the number of patterns that can/should be in pqact.conf?

Thanks for any insight!

matt..

I've never run into any limits, but Big Steve Emmerson could of course prove me wrong there.. what I like to do is keep all my product actions in separate files called via ldmd.conf

for example i have something similar to:

pqact.warnings
pqact.models
pqact.nids
pqact.me (for admin type stuff)

then in ldmd.conf
EXEC    "pqact /home/ldm/etc/pqact.nids"
EXEC    "pqact /home/ldm/etc/pqact.models"
EXEC    "pqact /home/ldm/etc/pqact.warnings"
EXEC    "pqact /home/ldm/etc/pqact.me"

I do that because in the old days we had pqact.gempak and it took forever to find what i was looking for, and this way each product action is only committed if needed to lessen the processing burden... but to answer your question again I've never hit any limits, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

cheers,

--patrick

…………………………………………………………...........

Patrick L. Francis