Re: [ldm-users] The big day has come: GOES-16 is here! At least experimentally...

  • To: "ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] The big day has come: GOES-16 is here! At least experimentally...
  • From: daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 15:46:27 -0600 (CST)
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Howdy,

Whatever it may be worth to the community, I have collected up ~10 minutes worth (1.1GB yowzers) of the NOTHER GOES-R feed in this zip file.

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/pickup/goesr/goesr_sample_10min.zip

I chomped off the WMO header (36 bytes worth) within each product so that each file should be a valid netcdf4 file.

daryl

PS, my testing pqact entry:

NOTHER  (TI....) (....) (......) (...)
PIPE -close python /home/ldm/chomp.py /home/ldm/goesr/\1_\2_\3_\4.nc

and my chomp.py script

import sys

fn = sys.argv[1]
data = sys.stdin.read()