Re: [ldm-users] LDM queue on SSD

Has anybody tried to put a queue exceeding physical memory size on a solid state drive? With the 3km NAM nested our product lifespan went down to about 4 min. ldmadmin vetqueuesize states 40 GB is needed, I am not even sure that the current server supports that amount of memory.

I've found that the best performance is achieved by creating a ramdisk to both hold the queue in physical memory, and performing calculations (gddiag and such). Memory is cheap enough now that a box can easily be maxed out with memory to provide more than enough room for supporting the queue. However, I can say that using a mounted SSD would improve performance somewhat from older drives, simply from an IO perspective.

best of luck

cheers,

--patrick

…………………………………………………………...........