[ldm-users] Reading GOES-16 data?

  • To: "ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ldm-users] Reading GOES-16 data?
  • From: "Herbster, Christopher G." <herbstec@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 22:00:11 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Hi folks,

We have our LDM that feeds from our NOAAPort filing the raw tiles for the two
Visible channels (and the "veggie channel" too).  Our goal was to try to build
the "true color" images from these three channels.

We have tried using the chomp.py script that was circulated, but regardless of
whether we strip those leading bytes off or not, we cannot read the files with
ncdump, ncl_filedump, or any other tools we have tried.

What are other people using to decode these files?

Does anyone know of any existing tools out there to merge/stitch the files
together?  I found the "cdo" tools, but they cannot read the files that we have
either.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris Herbster

--

Dr. Christopher G. Herbster