[ldm-users] GOES-16 nadir longitude question

Hello,

Can anyone clarify whether there is a real discrepancy between the
longitude (nadir) where I thought NOAA was declaring G16 operational, which
was 75.2 degrees (west) and the value found in the actual netCDF files that
states 75.0 degrees?

FYI:  I now create real-time G16 CONUS-scale reprojections onto the HRRR
grid with 3km spacing of some G16 channels and derivatives on the Real-Time
NCAR-RAL weather/satellite page; [although the machine is being patched and
rebooted to treat the known security vulnerabilities at this very moment].

Thanks.

--Greg Thompson,  NCAR-RAL
  • Search the ldm-users archives: