[ldm-users] 20220304: Re: Receipt of "duplicated" products over the IDD with some debugging string attached to the end of the product

  • To: Gilbert Sebenste <gilbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Wojtowicz, David P Jr" <davidw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ldm-users] 20220304: Re: Receipt of "duplicated" products over the IDD with some debugging string attached to the end of the product
  • From: Tom Yoksas <yoksas@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 12:17:57 -0700
Hi Gilbert, David, and LDM users,

The source of the "duplicate" products that Daryl and Mike Z were
discussing was the NOAA Weather Wire (WxWire) feed that Fox13 TV is also
ingesting on the same machine on which NOAAPort is being ingested.
WxWire ingestion has been turned off temporarily, so the source of the
duplicate products has disappeared.

We are evaluating what the best course of action is given that a
product sent via WxWire can be different as far as the LDM is concerned
(i.e., different MD5 signature) from the "same" product sent in
NOAAPort.  Ugh!