[mcidas-x] 20160206: McIDAS-X cannot share local dataset with multiple users

Hi Andrew,

re:
>In McIDAS-X, is there a way to share local datasets with multiple users ?

By definition if a dataset is shared via the remote ADDE interface it
is no longer a local dataset.  If you have not setup remote ADDE access
on your system, the only way that other users on the same machine could
access the dataset you have defined in your own McIDAS account is for
them to define the ADDE dataset in their own McIDAS-X accounts.

re:
>I am trying to perform an IMGCOPY on HIMAWARI/FD to IMAGES/GMS-IR.1 and
>share with multiple users.
>
>[mcuser2@hcpmcidasl01 ~/scripts]$ imglist.k IMAGES/GMS-IR.1 | grep -w HIMAWARI
>   1  HIMAWARI-8     6 FEB 16037  05:10:00     0 -141 13
>
>[mcuser1@hcpmcidasl01 ~]$ imglist.k IMAGES/GMS-IR.1 | grep -w HIMAWARI
>   1  HIMAWARI-8     1 DEC 15335  23:30:00     0 -141 13
>
>[mcuser2@hcpmcidasl01 ~/scripts]$ dataloc.k LIST IMAGES
>
>[mcuser2@hcpmcidasl01 ~/.ssh]$ dataloc.k LIST IMAGES
>
>Group Name                    Server IP Address
>--------------------         ----------------------------------------
>IMAGES                       HCPMCIDASL01.UNIV-WEA.COM (SSH on)
>
><LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data
>directory.
>DATALOC - done

The DATALOC listing suggests that the dataset _is_ setup for remote
access.  If this is not working for your users, it should mean that you
need to reconfigure your remote ADDE setup and/or the firewall on the
machine hosting the dataset.

re:
>Any help would be appreciated...

If you continue to have problems, please open an inquiry with us by
sending your question(s) to support-mcidas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*

  • Search the mcidas-x archives: