Re: [needdata] Radar Composite Data Needed for Independent Study

Matthew,

I have a generated product in a GIS format that may work for you. You can download the NEXRAD raster from here (bottom page):

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/current/mcview.phtml?prod=usrad&java=none&mode=archive&frames=1&interval=5&year=2007&month=2&day=13&hour=6&minute=0

To get the NEXRAD value, substract 6 from the color index and multiply by 5. Some more details on these images can be found here:

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/docs/nexrad_composites/

The product is not perfect.

daryl