[needdata] WMO obs

Hi, I'm a grad student at Penn State, and I'm hoping that somebody on this list could point me in the right direction to find some data. For my project, I currently need WMO observations (FM-15 METARs and FM-35 soundings) for a few days each month in 2009. Ordinarily I'd get these obs off our magnetic tape archives here, but we're having problems with our tape drives currently, and I need to have the observations for my project sooner than the drives will likely get fixed. The handiest data to get my hands on would be to have the WMO data either in little_r format or in raw GTS format (I have to run a GTS decoder on the raw format obs I pull off tape normally anyway, to convert them to little_r format), because that's what our software is built to work with currently. Does anyone out there know where I can find this data? Thanks.

Jared

<>< ======================================== ><>
    Jared Lee, PhD Candidate
    Graduate Research Assistant