Re: Strings

Elena Pourmal <epourmal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hmm...
>
> H5free shouldn't be used by a user. H5Dvlen_reclaim does all necessary
> work. Let me look into the test. I have no clue at this point.
>
> Elena

Looking at the H5Dvlen_reclaim documentation I see that the last
argument should be hvl_t *. For example, it says:

"The VL structures (hvl_t) in the user's buffer are modified to zero
out the VL information after the memory has been reclaimed."

So how do I release memory that the library allocated for me to store
strings?

Thanks!

Ed

--