Re: 20000718: NetCDF Java Applet Capable? (fwd)

"John R. Cary" wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the information.  FYI, to use most things
> I do not need to sign the applet, because I have
> added the line,
>
>   user_pref("signed.applets.codebase_principal_support", true);
>
> to my netscape preferences file.  (See
> http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/signedobj/capabilities/index.html.)

I see, so that allows codebases to be unsigned. Can the codebase have
any URL, or is it somehow restricted to be "within the intranet"?

> This allows me to enable application privileges.  It seems that
> NetCDF requires more than just the UniversalFileAccess
> privilege, so I was hoping you might know.

hmmm, I would have thought that all you need is file access. try
catching the exception and calling e.printStackTrace(), that should
narrow it down.

> Are the NetCDF mailing lists archived?

searchable, they dont seem to be browsable:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpsedocs/ghnetcdf.html

Im pretty sure you wont see this specific problem in there.