Re: netcdf for java versions 1/2

Tennessee James Leeuwenburg wrote:

Hi all,

To get around a problem I've been having, I created some copies of the
dods.servers.netcdf.* classes in a subpackage of my own. When I try to
create a new NetcdfFile (ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile), I get a
NoClassDefFoundError ::

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ucar/netcdf/AbstractNetcdf

This seems to be in the "version 1" libraries. The page
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf-java/ assures me that while
some code is reused, they are separate libraries.

I'm going to try downloading the version one stuff to my development
area, assuming that there's in fact a dependency on the existence of
version one by version two.

However, it's a confusing thing to read.

Cheers,
-T
Hi Tennessee:

I just checked, and ucar.netcdf.AbstractNetcdf is present in:

 ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf-java/v2.1/netcdf.jar

so you are either using a different jar, or your classpath is wrong somehow. I would resolve that rather than downloading the old version 1 jar.

Let me know what you find,

john