Re: Problems with netcdf-java version 2.2

Adityarajsingh Santokhee wrote:

Hello,

I am getting 2 error messages: 1. when trying to open a netcdf file /home/ads/gads_temp/src/uk/ac/nercessc/gads/datarequest/datareader/CDFDataReader.java:50:
cannot access ucar.unidata.io.RandomAccessFile
file ucar/unidata/io/RandomAccessFile.class not found
           NetcdfFile ncFile = NetcdfFile.open(filename);

I browsed through the mail archives and found a similar problem:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf-java/msg00146.html

However, I did not find any final solution for this problem there.
you have a class path problem i guess, since ucar.unidata.io.RandomAccessFile is in the jar file

2. When calling the NetcdfFileWriteable.create() method

I get the following error:

/home/ads/gads_temp/src/uk/ac/nercessc/gads/datarequest/datawriter/CDFDataWriter.java:122:
warning: create() in ucar.nc2.NetcdfFileWriteable has been deprecated
           ncFileOut.create();

ucar.nc2.NetcdfFileWriteable.open() is deprecated, but not create(), so im
confused by this. also, deprecation are only warnings at compile time, and wont
affect runtime.

when reporting rrors, probably better to send the whole stack trace.