Re: Aggregation

Hi Rich:

This is a wierd error.
ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.isDODS(NetcdfDataset.java:305) calls
java.net.HttpURLConnection. Somehow in your environment, its calling
ice.net.HttpURLConnection instead, which throws a different Exception than the
one we expect.

1) can you check with matlab to see if there is a deliberate substitution of
ice.net for java.net.

2) meanwhile, we will look at a workaround, in case thats the way its supposed to be.
Rich Signell wrote:
Guys,

When I try to open the same aggregation NcML file with in Matlab, I get the following. Does this indicate that I forgot to import some class from toolsUI-2.2.13.jar?

import ucar.nc2.dataset.grid.*
import ucar.nc2.dataset.grid.GridDataset.*
import ucar.units.StandardUnitDB.*
import ucar.nc2.units.*
import ucar.units.*
import ucar.nc2.dataset.*
import ucar.nc2.*

 >> c=GridDataset.open('test2_agg.ncml');
 NcmlElementReader open nested dataset file:test2_agg.ncml#1389512
??? Java exception occurred:
ice.net.URLNotFoundException: Document not found on server
    at ice.net.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(OEAB)
    at ice.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(OEAB)
    at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.isDODS(NetcdfDataset.java:305)
    at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openFile(NetcdfDataset.java:282)
    at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openDataset(NetcdfDataset.java:148)
    at ucar.nc2.ncml.NcMLReader.readNcML(NcMLReader.java:282)
at ucar.nc2.ncml.NcMLReader$NcmlElementReader.open(NcMLReader.java:1401)
    at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFileCache.acquire(NetcdfFileCache.java:180)
at ucar.nc2.dataset.Aggregation$Dataset.acquireFile(Aggregation.java:707) at ucar.nc2.dataset.Aggregation$Dataset.getNcoords(Aggregation.java:736) at ucar.nc2.dataset.Aggregation$Dataset.setStartEnd(Aggregation.java:751) at ucar.nc2.dataset.Aggregation$Dataset.access$000(Aggregation.java:611)
    at ucar.nc2.dataset.Aggregation.finish(Aggregation.java:99)
    at ucar.nc2.ncml.NcMLReader.readNetcdf(NcMLReader.java:359)
    at ucar.nc2.ncml.NcMLReader.readNcML(NcMLReader.java:303)
    at ucar.nc2.ncml.NcMLReader.readNcML(NcMLReader.java:190)
    at ucar.nc2.ncml.NcMLReader.readNcML(NcMLReader.java:143)
    at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openFile(NetcdfDataset.java:278)
    at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openDataset(NetcdfDataset.java:148)
at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDatasetCache.acquire(NetcdfDatasetCache.java:190) at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDatasetCache.acquire(NetcdfDatasetCache.java:170)
    at ucar.nc2.dataset.grid.GridDataset.open(GridDataset.java:65).

Don Murray wrote:

Hi Rich-

I built a new nc2.2.jar with John's latest changes.  In
my one test, nothing broke, so it comes with the "big boy"
warranty.

Place the attached jar in your IDV directory and give
your aggregations a try.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
        "Time makes everyone interesting, even YOU!"