Grib Coordinate System Conversion

We are using NetCDF 2.2.15, to exact information from a grib file and
generate a geotiff, and it works great.  However, our gridded comes in, in
various projections (i.e. Stereographic, Lat/Lon, Lambert, Mercator, etc.).
Is there a simple way to convert a particular projection, say Stereographic,
to Lambert?  It appears that we will have to take the grib file, extract the
parameter of information, and write a new cdf file, and use the new cdf file
to generate the geotiff, correct?

Thanks,

Greg