Re: IOSP development inquiry - GOES, SSMI, AVHRR

Hi Ken-

Ken Knapp wrote:
NJ folk-
Some of us at NCDC are working to develop some IOSPs for some data formats available from NCDC and CLASS. We would appreciate any comments and, in particular, if you know of someone doing something similar. The datasets for which we are developing the IOSPs include (and comments are welcome as to whether their IOSP development is worthwhile):

- GOES AREA format

AREA format is on the "TODO" list, but no one at Unidata
is working on it.

- SSM/I TDR data format
- AVHRR Level 1B GAC data format

These would all be great additions.  One of the other components
that is necessary is a higher level scientific data type layer
to model satellite data.  If you have thought long and hard about
this, it would be great to hear you ideas.

A few of us will be attending the Unidata Workshop in October, so we look forward to interaction there, but we are interested if these IOSPs are already in development elsewhere.
Thanks in advance for any information-

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm