Re: Vertical dimension in NJ

Hi Robert:

The problem is that the vertical coordinate is not being recognized. Section 4.3 of CF
specifies a vertical coordinate is identified by units of pressure or the
"positive" attribute.

The older version of the code was making anything not recognized into a
vertical coord, but that was causing errors in other files, so i had to change
to conform to the spec.

Can you let the writer of the file know, hopefully they can fix at the source.
Sorry for the trouble,

John

Robert B. Schmunk wrote:

Take a look in

ftp://ftp.giss.nasa.gov/outgoing/caron/

There are two files.

  tavg.00005.01.01.nc is the original.

  tavg.00005.01.01x.nc is the one I "fixed" by adding
     the positive attribute

There are about 8 variables which have a vertical
dimension. NJ 2.2.18 recognizes them in the original
file, but NJ 2.2.20 only in the "fixed" file.

By "recognize", I mean that the hasVerticalAxis() method
in the variables' CoordinateSystems is true.

rbs