[netcdf-java] Converting bad netCDF to CF-compliant

I have some badly formed netCDF that I'm trying to get to CF-compliant using netcdf-Java (2.2.22). The bad nc file has the data, lat and lon points and attributes for a Lambert Conformal projection, but it has no GeoX/GeoY points, and the dimensions aren't even set right. It's really a mess.

I've been working on using latLonToProj in the LambertConformal class to get the lats and lons into Ys and Xs, but that's about as far as I can get. At that point I start getting confused about CoordinateSystems and their relationship to NetcdfDatasets.

Can someone help this newbie get the rest of the way?

Matt

--
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-- Albert Einstein

begin:vcard
fn:Matt Foster - N0EYE
n:Foster;Matt