[netcdf-java] Tracking Writer.finish() progress

John et al.,

I have an application that contacts an OpENDAP server, gets a subset of an
available dataset, and then writes the desired data to a local Netcdf file.
Everything works quite well (for most datasets), however I have not been
able to find a way to keep track of the progress of the dataset as it
downloads/writes to disk.  Is there a way to do this??  I have profiled the
methods and discovered that essentially all of the processing time is within
the FileWriter.finish() call.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can inform the user of the progress
without resorting to an indeterminate progress bar (which is what I¹m
currently using)??

Thanks in advance,
Chris

--
Christopher Mueller | Scientist
Applied Science Associates

ASA | Science. Services. Solutions

Imagination is everything.  It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
- Albert Einstein

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right. -
Henry Ford