Re: [netcdf-java] Renaming CoordinateAxis

Hi Chris:

You cannot currently rename on output, but you can rename when reading the
input with NcML:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/Tutorial.html

Christopher Mueller wrote:
Hi All,

I’m working with gridded datasets (for now) and am interested in “renaming” the coordinate axes for certain datasets. For example – a particular dataset has a “latitude” coordinate axis called “yu_ocean” and a “longitude” axis called “xu_ocean”. Is there a way to rename these axes to “lat” and “lon” without completely rebuilding the nc file?
I’m currently using:
FileWriter.writeVariables(List<Variable>); FileWriter.finish();

To write the file and would like to do the “rename” prior to these calls – when I am building the List<Variable> to pass to FileWriter.writeVariables()....

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Chris

--
*Christopher Mueller* | Scientist
Applied Science Associates

*ASA **| Science. Services. Solutions
*
Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. - Albert Einstein

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right. - Henry Ford