[netcdf-java] NcML aggregation across both variables and time dimension

Hi all,

I have an ocean modelling dataset in which different variables are
stored in different files.  Also, there is one data file per timestep
for each variable.  So my filesystem looks like this:

temperature_20080101.nc
salinity_20080101.nc
temperature_20080102.nc
salinity_20080102.nc

I would like to construct an NcML file that aggregates all these files
into a single dataset but am having trouble.  Can I "union" the
variables together and then do a "joinExisting" on the union to
aggregate on the time dimension?  Do I need more than one NcML file
perhaps, with one file referencing the other?

Thanks, Jon

Dr Jon Blower              Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director         Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre   Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC                       Email: jdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK