Re: [netcdf-java] ArrayIndexOutOfBounds Error

Brilliant!  Glad I could "help"!!  I will grab the latest version, give it
another shot and let you know if I still receive the error.

Thanks, (to all who responded)
Chris

--
Christopher Mueller | Scientist
Applied Science Associates

ASA | Science. Services. Solutions

Imagination is everything.  It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
- Albert Einstein

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right. -
Henry Ford

> From: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:07:57 -0700
> To: Christopher Mueller <cmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: Java NetCDF <netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] ArrayIndexOutOfBounds Error
>
> Hi Christopher:
>
> Congratulations, you found a bug deep in the bowels of RandomAccessFile. The
> latest release
> 2.2.22.19 should fix. Please let me know otherwise.
>
> Christopher Mueller wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?
>>
>> When downloading this dataset and subsampling by time:
>> Dataset Location:
>> dods://tashtego.marine.rutgers.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/met/ncep-nam-1hour/Uwin
>> d_nam_1hourly_MAB_and_GoM.nc
>>
>> I get the following error:
>> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23670
>>         at ucar.unidata.io.RandomAccessFile.write(RandomAccessFile.java:658)
>>         at ucar.nc2.N3header.pad(N3header.java:759)
>>         at ucar.nc2.N3header.writeString(N3header.java:743)
>>         at ucar.nc2.N3header.writeStringValues(N3header.java:656)
>>         at ucar.nc2.N3header.writeAtts(N3header.java:639)
>>         at ucar.nc2.N3header.create(N3header.java:508)
>>         at ucar.nc2.N3iosp.create(N3iosp.java:356)
>>         at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFileWriteable.create(NetcdfFileWriteable.java:461)
>>         at ucar.nc2.FileWriter.finish(FileWriter.java:457)
>>         at

com.asascience.edc.nc.io.NetcdfGridWriter.writeFile(NetcdfGridWriter.java:247>>
)