[netcdf-java] Avhrr to netcdf converter

Hi All,
At NCDC we have developed a tool in java to convert Avhrr Level 1B
Global Area Coverage (GAC) files to netcdf-3 format.  The tool uses
several IOSP's we wrote for Avhrr data to do the conversion.  The tool
allows the user to select which information from the Avhrr file to be
included in the netcdf file.  The tool can be run with the GUI or from
the command line for automating the conversion of files.  If anyone is
interested the jar file can be downloaded here:
ftp://eclipse.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/iosp/avhrr2netcdf.jar
The accuracy of the output hasn't been fully tested at this point.  We
are planning to expand the tool to convert other datasets, so any
feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Arthur Fotos

--
Arthur Fotos
Software Developer, STG, Inc., Government Contractor