Re: [netcdf-java] Opening NetcdfDataset without enhancement

Hi Jon:

Thanks for reporting, that code's pretty green so im not surprised theres still a few glitches. Ill look at it asap.

Jon Blower wrote:
Hi all (esp John),

I just tried to acquire() a NetcdfDataset from cache without any
enhancement.  The javadocs say that I can do this by passing null as
the enhancement enum, e.g:

   NetcdfDataset.acquireDataset(null, filename, null, -1, null, null);

However, I found this gave a NullPointerException (in hashCode() I
think).  Changing the relevant null to an empty EnumSet fixed the
problem:

   NetcdfDataset.acquireDataset(null, filename,
EnumSet.noneOf(Enhance.class), -1, null, null);

Could either the javadocs or the code be fixed please?

Cheers, Jon