Re: [netcdf-java] InvDocumentation Question

Hi Hannah,

Are you calling finish() after you build your InvDatasetImpl? It does a bunch of bookkeeping that is hard to do on the fly, lots of it on the metadata data structures. If that doesn't help, we can dig deeper. But that's my first guess.

Ethan

Hannah Wilcox wrote:
Hello,

We are using the NetCDF-Java library version 2.2.22 to read in THREDDS files. Currently I'm developing unit tests for sections of that code and I'm trying to create NetCDF-Java THREDDS objects within the tests. Many of the tests I have to write involve the documentation objects (InvDocumentation) that can be associated with an InvDataset. I can successfully create an InvDocumentation object and an InvDatasetImpl object, but when I use the InvDatasetImpl.addDocumentation method to add my documentation object to the dataset object, it is not being put in the dataset's docs field, it is being placed in the tm.docs field so when the code I'm testing calls getDocumentation("type") on that dataset, a null pointer exception is thrown since the docs field is null and that's where it looks. I think I'm missing something. Is there a way to programmatically populate the InvDataset.docs field?

Thanks!

Hannah Wilcox