Re: [netcdf-java] Dataset aggregation by globbing

Hi Jon:

This sounds like a nice idea, which we chatted about briefly at GO-ESSP.

I could see an API like NetcdfDataset.openGlob(glob, type). The tricky part is
to define what it should do in various cases. Im guessing you are handling the
common cases, which is quite nice to make so easy. the optional type is to give
a hint for doing something different, but im not yet sure whats needed.

My first reaction is to roll your code into the ncml package, and have
openGlob() write Ncml and then process it, and then enrich Ncml processing, so
that that functionality is also available in a more explicit way. But id have
to look more at what youve done.

I dont think its an IOSP, but perhaps you have another way of looking at it.

My fmrc implementation seriously needs refactoring, so id like to see what
youve done there also. BTW, how do you identify the time coord vs forecast
time? are you assuming CF conventions?