[netcdf-java] Convert *.nc to XML

Hi
I am currently working on a project and I have been presented with a .nc
file. I want a way of reading the data from this plainly. After some
searching I found this site and the netcdf-java project. Looking through the
archives I found suggestions that libraries here could convert a .nc file to
xml format which would be ideal for me.

The problem I am having now is any of the archives I have found that suggest
this are dated few years back. The links in them either no longer exist or
from the description in the archive and looking at the information on the
linked page, the information and pages have drastically changed. So I'm a
bit lost.

Can any one suggest or point me in the direction of the up to date libraries
for doing this or tell me if they even exist?

Thanks
Cathal browne