Re: [netcdf-java] Convert *.nc to XML

Hi Cathal:

ncdump will print out the netcdf header info and values in ascii. You might
find that you can parse it easy enough. ncdump -x will put out NcML but not the
data values.

The java library will put out NcML with the data values using:

  java -classpath toolsUI.jar ucar.nc2.NCDumpW <NetCDF-3 filename> -ncml -vall

Unforunately, I just discovered that previous versions are not doing this
correctly, so you'll have to get the latest development release (4.0.25) from
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/. Note you should use NCDumpW
not NCDump as it says on the web page.