[netcdf-java] NetCDF-java 4.0 release?

Hi John,

We are thinking about implementation of java wrapper on "C" netcdf library.
Basically because we need large file support and also would be good to have
better performance. We don't need the whole functionality, just a basic
writing. But anyway it's still a bunch of work.

Could you comment a little bit about possible issues? Of course, if you have
any clue. I see you've mentioned that next java library will use "C" library as
well.

Thanks,

Mark Balonkin

>Hi all:

>There is no release date on NetCDF 4 write capabilities, as we are still
>evaluating its feasibility. Its >unlikely to be a 100% Java, but it may be
>feasible to use jni to access the C netcdf/hdf5 libraries. If that >happens,
>its probably a year away.

>Note that reading netdf4 and hdf5 is already supported in the library.

>John

>JulioSergio wrote:

>> Hi Tore,

>> I have the same expectations about the release of a NetCDF-java version

>> supporting NetCDF 4 write capabilities as you. Does anyone reading this

>> forum messages have any idea about it?

>> Thanks,

>> Sergio.

>> Tore Nilsen wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> Is there an updated timeline when we can expect NetCDF 4 write

>>> capabilities in NetCDF-java?

>>> Thanks,

>>> Tore