[netcdf-java] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException reading from NcML/OPeNDAP dataset

Hi all,

I'm getting a strange problem when reading data from a certain
dataset.  The NcML is attached (it's from Rich Signell at USGS) and it
essentially aggregates a few OPeNDAP endpoints.  The CDL for the
variable in question looks OK:

short water_temp(time=32, depth=34, lat=561, lon=401);
     :_CoordinateAxes = "time depth lat lon ";
     :long_name = "Water Temperature";
     :units = "degC";
     :NAVO_code = 15; // int
     :_FillValue = -30000s; // short
     :missing_value = -30000s; // short
     :scale_factor = 0.0010f; // float
     :add_offset = 20.0f; // float

(generated using ToolsUI-4.0).  I can read the metadata from this
variable without a problem.  However, when I try to read actual data I
get a problem at the line:

GridDatatype subset = grid.makeSubset(null, null, tRange, zRange,
yRange, xRange);

"grid" is a GridDatatype object representing the un-subsetted
water_temp variable, whose shape is [32, 34, 561, 401] as expected.
The values of the various Ranges at this point are:
  tRange: 31:31
  zRange: 0:0
  yRange: 1:559
  zRange: 1:399

These all look fine, and are within the range of the various axis
lengths.  However I get the following exception:

        at
ucar.nc2.dataset.CoordinateAxis1D.readValues(CoordinateAxis1D.java:636)
        at ucar.nc2.dataset.CoordinateAxis1D.doRead(CoordinateAxis1D.java:569)
        at
ucar.nc2.dataset.CoordinateAxis1D.getCoordName(CoordinateAxis1D.java:116)
        at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GridCoordSys.makeTimes(GridCoordSys.java:1290)
        at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GridCoordSys.<init>(GridCoordSys.java:463)
        at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GeoGrid.subset(GeoGrid.java:750)
        at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GeoGrid.makeSubset(GeoGrid.java:757)

 I am using a very recent download of the netcdf-4.0.jar from the web.
 Can anyone help?  Is this a problem in my code or is it a bug in
nj4.0?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

--
Dr Jon Blower
Technical Director, Reading e-Science Centre