[netcdf-java] announce: release candidate Netcdf-Java 4.0

A release candidate for version 4.0 of the Netcdf-Java library is available at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

Version 4 is an extensive refactoring of the library, and many significant
improvements and bug
fixes have been made.

We would appreciate anyone who uses the netcdf-java library to try using this
new version, and give
us feedback before we finalize it and make it a "stable release", meaning the
public APIs wont change.

There are API changes that you may see when you start using 4.0 with an
application that has been
using 2.2. These are mostly minor and in all cases have equivalent or improved
functionality in 4.0.
Most of the changes are in implementation classes not often used by
applications. More info is at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/transition4.html

The license for netcdf-java 4.0 has been changed from LGPL to the "MIT-style"
license used by the
netCDF C library. This is intended to remove perceived barriers to use by some
commercial companies.
We anticipate continued contributions of bug fixes and enhancements by the
community.