Re: [netcdf-java] OPeNDAP via netcdf-java

Stephen Cameron wrote:
Hello,

I have a small java application that opens a netcdf file and extracts data (using the netdf-4.0.jar)

I'd like to try doing the same thing via an OPeNDAP server in java, can someone point me to some example code for this please.

Maybe I need to search a Thredds catalogue to find the file of interest as well?

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Stephan:

You just open the OPeNDAP dataset as if its local, using NetcdfDataset.openFile() or NetcdfDataset.openDataset()

see

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/tutorial/NetcdfDataset.html

you need to know the OPenDAP URL, which you may get from a THREDDS catalog.