[netcdf-java] Configuring GRIB tables in NetCDF

  • To: rkambic <rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [netcdf-java] Configuring GRIB tables in NetCDF
  • From: "Tor Christian Bekkvik" <torc@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:30:06 +0200
Hi, I have some questions regarding GRIB table configuration:

1) Is there a way to configure GRIBtables in NetCDF without rebuilding
grib-6.0.jar in ncSrc-4.0.zip!\lib\release\ ?
2) Where can I find sourcecode for grib-6.0.jar (or later versions) ?
(the source will answer question 1, but is not included in
ncSrc-4.0.zip)

We occasionally have gribfiles using gribtables not defined in
grib*.jar. The only solution I currently know, is to unzip the grib*.jar
file and modify gribtable definitions inside
\resources\grib\tables\tablelookup.lst.  (tablelookup.lst points to
*.tab files in the same directory) This is not very user friendly, so
perhaps there is a java property or method call where you can override
some gribtable settings?

Thanks,
Tor C Bekkvik

--