Re: [netcdf-java] GRIB file in VerticalPerspectiveView projection has NaN Bounding Box

Jon-

The grib data represent a disc of the earth so the corners are off the earth, thus the NaN's. Even so, the VerticalPerspectiveView does not presently support a non-spherical earth, so the data are not exactly navigated. This is a known issue and one that we have not yet had the time to address.

Don Murray

Jon Blower wrote:
Hi,

We have a GRIB file can mostly be read using NetCDF-Java, except that
the GridCoordSystem's lat-lon bounding box is a set of four NaNs.  It
uses a VerticalPerspectiveView projection.  The attached test file may
help to diagnose the problem and produces the following output:

class ucar.unidata.geoloc.projection.VerticalPerspectiveView
 ll: NaNS NaNW+ ur: NaNS NaNW

The data file itself can be downloaded from
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2984763/MSG2-SEVI-MSGCLMK-0100-0100-20091028120000.000000000Z-958792.grb.

Can anyone offer any pointers?  Is there a bug in the
VerticalPerspectiveView code?

Thanks,
Jon